The Rhodes Island Infrastructure Complex (RIIC), also known as the Base, is a gameplay feature in Arknights. It is where Operators spend their time outside of operations by resting and working for Rhodes Island.
The RIIC is accessible once 0-11 is cleared for the first time. It consists of 18 rooms (40 if the corridors and elevators are counted) divided into 9 types of facilities. At first only the Control Center is present, and the other rooms must be cleaned before the corresponding facilities can be built. Upgrading the Control Center grants access to more rooms and facilities.
An Operator must be assigned to each facility for it to function. Operators have 24 morale which are drained as they work; once the Operator's morale reaches 0, they will become distracted, causing their base skills to no longer have any effect. Morale can be restored by having the Operator rest in Dormitories.
The RIIC is also a good way to increase Operators' Trust; every 24 hours, Operators working at RIIC facilities can be interacted with to earn Trust points. The RIIC Assistant and Floor Assistants can do so every 12 hours instead.
The heart of the RIIC. It is where the Operators' staffing are coordinated, reducing the morale drain rate of working Operators, as well as the workplace of the RIIC Assistant.
Tired Operators rest here to recover their morale so they can work effectively again, and is tended by Floor Assistants. Also influences the daily income of Credit.
Provides power for other RIIC facilities. Also generates Drones over time.
Exchanges Pure Gold and Originium Shards for LMD and Orundum, respectively.
Friends' assistants visiting the player's RIIC are tended to here by Operators who also search for clues which can be used to initiate Clue Exchanges or given to friends. Also influences the number of friends and Support Units the player can have.
Human Resources Office
Generates the ability to refresh recruitment tags. Also influences the number of recruitment slots and the recruitment fee.
Elite 2 Operators can undergo Mastery training here to further enhance their skills.
RIIC builds can be represented as
A is the number of Trading Posts,
B is the number of Factories, and
C is the number of Power Plants. As all three of them can only be built on the nine leftside rooms, balancing the number of facilities is important for production.
In this build, the player constructs two Trading Posts, four Factories, and three Power Plants. Have two of the Factories produce Pure Gold and the other two produce Battle Records.
Average overall output
In this build, the player constructs two Trading Posts, five Factories, and two Power Plants. Have two of the Factories produce Pure Gold and the other three produce Battle Records.
In this build, the player constructs one Trading Post, five Factories, and three Power Plants. Have one of the Factories produce Pure Gold and the rest produce Battle Records.
Similar to the 2-4-3 build, but with the best Battle Record output of all builds
Lowest LMD output of all builds, which forces the player to farm LMD through CE daily operations by using Sanity
In this build, the player constructs three Trading Posts, Factories, and Power Plants. Have all three Factories produce Pure Gold.
Similar to the 2-4-3 build, but with the best LMD output of all builds
Lack of Battle Record production forces the player to farm Battle Records through LS daily operations by using Sanity
- The 2-4-3 build is considered to be the most versatile and beginner-friendly due to its advantages.
- If the player does not mind having to micromanage their Operators, go with the 2-5-2 build at first, and switch to either 2-4-3, 3-3-3, or 1-5-3 build when they need to expand the base.
- Remember to swap Operators with low morale by fully-rested ones if the player is going to be offline for a long time.
- Focus on building and upgrading the leftside rooms first in order to maximize the LMD and Battle Record output, so the player can develop their Operators faster.
- When the Control Center is upgraded to Level 3, Drones can also be used to accelerate Trading Post order acquisition and Factory production. This should be used if there is no need to build facilities.
- Dormitories, Power Plants, Factories, and Trading Posts can be downgraded, refunding the building materials used to build them (but not the Drones). Leftside facilities can be demolished as well, so the player can try out switching between different base builds without having to farm the base materials again.