Supporters provide various means of field support, ranging from buffing other operators, debuffing their enemies, or utilizing summons in combat. Most Supporters' attacks deal Arts damage, allowing them to act as makeshift Casters.
Supporters are more micromanagement-intensive than others, as most of them rely on the usage of their abilities to be effective. They are also frail, having a relatively low HP and DEF, though most Supporters have innate RES, so they should be played in combination with Medics.
The Supporter class is divided into six branches: Decel Binder, Bard, Abjurer, Hexer, Summoner, and Artificer.
Decel Binder Supporters (Chinese: 凝滞师; Pinyin: Níngzhì shī; lit. "Stagnating [Supporter]"), formerly known as Slow Supporters, inflict slow in each of their attacks and, for some, with their skills.
Bard Supporters (Chinese: 吟游者; Pinyin: Yín yóu zhě), formerly known as Aura Supporters, are unable to attack in any way and have no RES, but continuously heal friendlies within their range by a portion of their ATK. Bard Supporters can buff friendlies and/or debuff enemies, making them a versatile support unit when used correctly.
Abjurer Supporters (Chinese: 护佑者; Pinyin: Hùyòu zhě; lit. "Bless Supporter"), formerly known as Buffer Supporters, augments friendly units by making them more resistant to damage and/or more likely to survive enemy attacks.
From the Break the Ice update on the CN server, Abjurer Supporters heal friendlies instead of attacking enemies when their skill is active.
Hexer Supporters (Chinese: 削弱者; Pinyin: Xuēruò zhě; lit. "Weakening [Supporter]"), formerly known as Debuffer Supporters, cripples enemy units by making them more vulnerable to friendly attacks and/or weakens their attack.
Summoner Supporters (Chinese: 召唤师; Pinyin: Zhàohuàn shī) are able to deploy summons to act as a force multiplier that are subject to the following rules:
- A summoner has a limited amount of summons that can be deployed, which can only be replenished if the summoner is redeployed or the summons are recovered through certain skills. Even if the summons are retreated, they will not replenish the summon's deployment limit.
- If the summoner is KO'd or retreated, all of their deployed summons will be destroyed.
- The summons are counted towards the Unit Limit.
Artificer Supporters (Chinese: 工匠; Pinyin: Gōngjiàng; lit. "Artisan/Craftsman [Supporter]"), unlike other Supporters, are classified as melee Operators and by extension have their attacks deal physical damage. Artificer Supporters can use Support Units (in a similar way to Summoner Supporters' summons) to augment their allies in various ways.
- Until the arrival of Gnosis in December 2021, the Supporter class is the only class that did not have any male Operators starting from the initial release of the game along with the Specialist class.
- Of the two classes, the Supporter class had the longest period of time without a male Operator, for a total of over two years.
- When deployed, Bard Supporters are unique in that their deployment dialogue and the accompanying sound effects briefly override the background music. The other operator with this distinction is Ethan.
- Bard Supporters are some of the few Operators in Arknights who do not have a back-facing sprite during operations. The other operator with this distinction is Angelina.